• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    Quote:

Pgovotsos wrote:
    I'm really enjoying how low the price of entry and the performance and excellent compatibility with classic Amiga software.

Yet, so few enter...

There are a few reasons for this strange behavior:

1. MorphOS is not the "Official" successor and does not bear the name "Amiga" as part of its OS name. This should not be important, but for some users, it still appears to make some difference.

2. The MorphOS Dev. Team does not promote themselves, or the OS often. A few of the members show up at a few European computer shows or demonstrations, but it seems that even that only happens about 2 to 3 times a year, possibly less. No matter how opposed to their choices and methods most MorphOS users might be, you can't deny that A-Eon/AmigaKit have not made an impact on the AmigaOS4.x community, with their efforts to promote software development, and the creation of new hardware to run AmigaOS4.x on. There is much more talk all over the Internet about AmigaOS4.x and A-Eon, than is heard about MorphOS.

3. So far, attempts to increase 3rd party software development for MorphOS have yeilded very little in the way of new, or newly ported software.

4. MorphOS users (for the most part) tend to be less enthusiastic, and instead just use their systems for computing needs, while AmigaOS4.x users seemingly like to discuss their systems at greater length, and more often, which creates more traffic on AmigaOS4.x forums, which creates more interest, from anyone casually interested in learning more about anything related to the Amiga of old.

I am sure there are more reasons that some might add to my list, but those above seem to me to be the most prominent reasons why many users are more interested in AmigaOS4.x, than MorphOS.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »06.03.17 - 21:03