• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    It seems people from Kickstarter were generally happy with the first run of new 64c cases based on the original molds. If Jens has a reasonable price, I'll get one or 2 for my collection.

It is a really, really great time to be a C= 8bit user. The market and community are so much more active and vibrant than the Amiga (classic) community. There is some nonsense for sure, but overall for an end user it is a dream. If anyone here uses a C64 at all these days, you REALLY have to get a Turbo Chameleon from Individual Computers when it goes back in production.

Besides the Turbo Chameleon, there is too much more to list. Another one I am REALLY looking forward to is the uDrive (microdrive) from Jim Drew. That should be out this year with any luck. It is a 1541 floppy drive clone/replacement, that lets you use flux level images. After finishing the 1541 support, he's planning on 1581 support, and the likely 1571, CMD Hard Drive, FD2000/Fd4000 even.

I could go on a rant, but I won't. I'll just say my C64 running Geos is more useful than a certain AmigaNG solution ;-)

[ Edited by redrumloa 30.01.2017 - 14:52 ]
  • »30.01.17 - 20:51