• Just looking around
    When I click on a pdf file the mime type for it automatically ensures that it opens via vpdf, because the mime type command reads vpdf %sp.

I am trying to do something similar for ghostscript, but have so far failed. The longwinded way which does work perfectly is as follows:

Place the relevant file, called file.ps say, into ram. Launch ghostscript via sys:applications/ghostscript/bin/gs. This brings up the gs window into which I next type (ram:file.ps) run Everything works fine then.

My question is how to implement that through a ps mime type? What commands do I need to enter? The problem seems to be the brackets surrounding the filename and the extra run command. Does anyone know the solution or correct syntax?

RD
    ---------

Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Quote:

Barren wrote: Perhaps I have just the bad habit to instinctively press return when I reach the end of the line. Ohhhh soooo soorrry I will try to avoid that.

I am not 'having a go' at you, I would just have thought you already knew that word-wrap is enabled when you type into the input editor. However, as you'd more recently come from an Amiga background, as many of us have, then you might have written the text on your Amiga and transferred it here, and it had imported the incorrect word-wrap that often is associated with some of the Classic Amiga editors. That's obviously not the case so it's more a heads-up in this case. :-)

Quote:

Barren wrote: how can I setup a mime type for dos scripts properly, and how can I set up mime types for MOS elf executables and amiga os 68K ones, even just to associate different icons. I bet it's impossible.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve with a DOS script, but you may want to take a look at the MorphOS Library for more inspiration or wait a little longer for any of the developers to come along with more guidance.

I should say that if you have a MOS executable then the system should recognise that automatically, and the same for 68k executables, but obviously some 68k executables, such as games that 'hit the hardware' may only run within an Amiga Emulator, though many applications run through 'Trance' without issues.

You could also have a read through the MorphOS Library, in particular:

Getting Started - then scroll or search to the part on - Open PDF Files Automatically, and take a look at the associated screenshot, just below, which may give you an idea of what you want to do.

Though it's probably as easy to select from the right-click menu Settings > Ambient > MIME and then choose 'text' or 'internal' and click the [+] to expand each of those options list to see other files and how they work, and see if there is a suggestion there to prompt you to work out what you are trying to achieve. :-o
  • »26.05.17 - 01:39