• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Well ok... anyway, concerning the issues I encountered with project file associations, MIME or not MIME I think THIS IS a bug and I will eventually report it... it took me some time to investigate though...

Let's assume I have created a project icon (actual, not default) for a project file (eg. a text file containing some data to be processed by a default tool consisting in a shell command called Test and placed in C: )Let's therefore assume I have set "Test" as default tool in the icon, and I have specified the tooltype "CLI" (WB-like launching works differently)

The command Test can't reach the project file, period. Here's why (I had to compile a simple program writing to the debug output to discover this) :

Under Amiga Workbench, the current directory seen by Test when it is launched is the project file full path, the first argument is the default tool (Test) file name only, second argument is Project file name only.

Under Ambient, the current directory seen by default tool (Test) when launched is the DEFAULT TOOL PATH (this is wrong IMHO !), and ok the first argument is the default tool full path+filename, and second argument Project file name only.

This way, the default tool has no data to reach the Project file, it can't know the path so it can't open it !

U may insist that Ambient is not the Amiga Workbench, ok, but I still insist that this behaviour is wrong IMHO... MIME or not MIME, if u want to associate a project to a default tool command operating in CLI mode, not WB mode (and if they didn't want to support this, why the CLI tooltype has been supported ?) you simply can't cos said default tool command can't reach the project file.

Just create a text file, create a solid project icon for it and put c:ed in the Default Tool and u can suddently verify that Ed will open an empy windows (of course).

I have still to check whether programs operating in WB mode can receive the right path and arguments to open the project file (I assume they can but must check).

---

Another couple bugs I think I found is with left-out (on Ambient screen) icons...

U can't snapshot the windows attributes of a directory whose drawer icon is left out. I tried. For them to be actually stored in the icon, I have to "put away" that icon, open it in the desired mode and size, snapshot window, leave it out again, and it works.

Also, u can't change the image of a left out icon... if u do (dragging a png icon image in the Information box) it gets apparently accepted but the new image is not updated. Once more, to change the image of a left out icon, I have to first put it away, change its image, then leave it out again.

[ Edited by ASiegel 06.01.2017 - 19:19 ]
  • »06.01.17 - 18:38