• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Thank u all for ur kind feedback guys :)
    I can't answer individually but I'm still trying, figuring out things, etc...

Ok, the underscore-rename issue seems gone now but, I hate saying that, seems a random event...

As for the defaul icon behaviour, yeah it's ok, I got it... just, I think it would have been more... rational ? for Ambient to just
    create an icon on the fly if I Snapshot the default icon... as WB does in OS4 IIRC

I still have troubles with the files association but I will investigate further following ur directions, mime types, as u said, etc.

No really perhaps I was too brutal with criticizing Ambient... I'm useing it more now, exploring features, etc and I must state that everything
    seems now very robust, and nicely customizable too. Not a crash yet... crossing my fingers LOL... even the USB support seems
    flawless now... my card readers works great, Poseidon can even detect my Phone as either PTP or UMS and it gets listed in
    MyMorphos without troubles... seems too good to be true :D I love the fact I can finally use the Gigabit ethernet too, and OWB seems
    working great aswell, so far... But I have still to install stuff and complete my migration... it will be a long job :D

Anyway, it's a pity that Ambient support has been discontinued or whatever else... what if I find actual bugs ? I guess I will just lose
    my time if I report them...

I also briefly investigated the Scalos option but seems a real mess... the installing script doesn't work, and I could not manage to install
    it manually. Also, I read some opinions about it being quite unstable or having still many issues here and there. No I will stay with
    Ambient definitely... just, I hope somebody is ready to fix bugs, in the event...

Well I will post further questions or doubts here though. Thank u for ur support
  • »05.01.17 - 19:22