• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Barren

With regard to Icons - I found it a bit weird when I started using MorphOS - BUT now it's usually quite simple to use PNG images as icons. The easiest way to create an Icon for a drawer is to find Icon - Information, where you will see underneath where the Icon is displayed the words "PNG Icon" or there will be no words underneath it, which means it is using a 'default icon'.

So, to create an Icon for it, you can then drag/drop another MorphOS (PNG) Icon (suffixed.info as with the Amiga Classic systems) onto where the icon is currently displayed that you want to change it to, and then SAVE.

If you cannot find an Icon you want to use I often go online to find a similar PNG image to indicate what I want the drawer to reflect, then just download that, and rename it to whatever name you want it to be, and add .info onto the end of the name, and save/confirm the name change. Sometimes I re-size the PNG image in Showgirls, and then copy it to RAM: where I create a drawer of the same name - without an Icon, and then the name I have saved my 'Icon.info' as then adopts itself automatically as the drawer image of the drawwer I have just created that did not have an Icon. If you do a "List" view of the contents of the folder that you are currently in then it will show you the name info changes.

If you only have a JPEG image that you want to use as an Icon, then you can convert it in Showgirls to a PNG image, and then use that.

I hope I have explained it as fully as you need to know, but even though I initially had issues with PNG Icons on MorphOS, I now find it far superior, though I do miss there not being an Icon Editor in the System tools/utilities. ;-)

So, that's the easiest way I've found to find to modify a PNG image to an icon.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »05.01.17 - 00:19