• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    We don't generally release individual components because there's usually cross dependencies between projects. And they tend to mount the longer the break between releases is.

As I stated earlier, I am not too disappointed with how releases are done now, so I am not pushing for a change in how releases are done in the future, but it seems to me that the dependencies could probably be released first, which would allow more other components to be released as they are finished, which would prevent the build up of items that can't be released, because one is dependent on another, and that one is dependent on yet another part.

I'm not one of the users waiting for 3.10 because they want to purchase an X5000 to run MorphOS, and I think that there are probably only a handful of MorphOS users that are in that boat, but I could be wrong I guess. Look at how many X1000's sold, when most people thought that A-Eon would not be able to sell even all of their first production run, and demand surpassed supply of all three production runs, with a few users coming late not being able to get their X1000.

Like I wrote already, if it takes too much work to release MorphOS in many smaller updates, and the team already is stressed to complete the workload they have now, don't even consider my suggestions to release MorphOS bit by bit. On the other hand, if it is not any additional work, I don't think it is a bad idea to consider releasing the separate components of MorphOS as they are completed, and abandon the idea of bigger packaged releases, just to get the benefit of the "Wow" factor, that is experienced when a large number of improvements is sent out all at once.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »02.06.17 - 21:53