• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Well, with a waiting time of 566 days since the 3.9 release, we have passed the 554 days it took for the (huge) 2.7 -> 3.0 release to get here, and we are currently travelling slowly towards the 1157 days it took for the (monumental) 1.4.5 -> 2.0 release, which is currently the only remaining unmatched waiting time, the all-time high!

So yes, I expect the next release to be somewhere between huge and monumental... ;-)

Given that none of us has been charged for any revisions since 2.0 was released, is there any good reason why the Dev. Team needs to wait so long between releases of revisions? Couldn't they just release each individual component as it is finished and beta testing completed on that item?

That would mean pushing out dozens of smaller releases over a similar time frame, and perhaps require a different method of providing the releases, or different thinking on how the releases are to be done.

IMO, if it is not too much additional work for the Dev. Team to release individual components, it would make the users much happier to have upgrades earlier, instead of waiting almost 2 years between major revisions. Charging money for revisions seems to me to be the main, or only reason for holding back the release of certain components, until other components are completed, so a larger package can be released at one time, but the Dev. Team doesn't charge anything for any of the revisions, so why hold back the release of some components, until others are done?

If however it creates too much additional work for the Dev. Team to release individual components, then I am okay with how things are right now.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »31.05.17 - 22:13