• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I have to agree with Andreas Wolf on this topic Jim. Unless Mark and Frank need to work their way up through all the different video cards, in order to learn how each one works, and add 3D acceleration piece by piece, as they learn, it really does not make sense to me to try to support so many different video cards, when supporting just a half dozen should be more than adequate, with more being worked on in the future as necessary. Starting off with the video card that A-Eon has chosen to supply with X5000 systems that are sold as a complete computer system, would make sense to me.

Of course, I have no knowledge on how and why Mark (and/or Frank) are choosing which video cards to work on next, and I trust their judgement, but I hope that they are not doing more work than they really need to do, as I know it is taking a large part of their free time to work on these video card drivers.

If Mark (and/or Frank) skip several video cards, and only choose ones that make the most sense to support, I think the majority of the community will understand and approve of that course of action.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »08.01.17 - 00:38