AWN claims MOS users stalk and make death threats
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Baseless slander is being allowed on one of the corporate sites. Vague accusations are being made without a single citation that such things happened. The language is vague on who they are accusing, but it is pretty obvious enough given users like eliyahu's statements in the past. Such accusations towards a small community is slander that should not be allowed to stand. If it really happened, which I doubt, they should name names.

Beans:
    LINK
    Quote:

"Harsh"? Death threats are merely "harsh" now?

LINK
    Quote:

At times it can be one step away from moobunny.

And its pretty weird when a MorphOS user finds himself defending the Frieden brothers.

But I like PPC based hardware and operating systems.

LINK
    Quote:

Death threats, weird homophobic mail, and garden variety abuse.

eliyahu:
    LINK
    Quote:

but the constant abuse by the usual suspects of the people doing actual work around here is at best counter-productive. it has driven away developers and users, and creates a very unpleasant environment for everyone else.

the need to point-score, insult, indulge in baseless conspiracy theories, and giving voice to grudges that have lasted more than a decade at this point has indeed turned this place into moobunny-lite, and we're all worse off as a result.

CodeSmith: (Shame to see him doing this)
    LINK
    Quote:

I don't need some troll who supports a different OS posting photos of where I live, or some weirdo off his meds calling me in the middle of the night. I'm doing Raspberry Pi stuff now instead.

[ Edited by redrumloa 17.11.2016 - 10:15 ]
  • »17.11.16 - 16:10
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    You mean you've never stalked an OS4 user? For me a week without a death threat towards one of them is a week lost.

And now seriously:

Here in Poland we have a proverb: "Tonący brzytwy się chwyta" that translates into: "A drowning man would grab even a razor". It seems like some people are in a pressing need, indeed.
  • »17.11.16 - 16:49
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    They said that?! Enough is enough!!! I'm going to find out where they live and ki...ss and cuddle them to death. Err, no, wait, laugh, I meant laugh!!!
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »17.11.16 - 18:25
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Baseless slander is being allowed on one of the corporate sites. Vague accusations are being made without a single citation that such things happened. The language is vague on who they are accusing, but it is pretty obvious enough given users like eliyahu's statements in the past. Such accusations towards a small community is slander that should not be allowed to stand. If it really happened, which I doubt, they should name names.

Beans:
    LINK
    Quote:

"Harsh"? Death threats are merely "harsh" now?

LINK
    Quote:

At times it can be one step away from moobunny.

And its pretty weird when a MorphOS user finds himself defending the Frieden brothers.

But I like PPC based hardware and operating systems.

LINK
    Quote:

Death threats, weird homophobic mail, and garden variety abuse.

eliyahu:
    LINK
    Quote:

but the constant abuse by the usual suspects of the people doing actual work around here is at best counter-productive. it has driven away developers and users, and creates a very unpleasant environment for everyone else.

the need to point-score, insult, indulge in baseless conspiracy theories, and giving voice to grudges that have lasted more than a decade at this point has indeed turned this place into moobunny-lite, and we're all worse off as a result.

CodeSmith: (Shame to see him doing this)
    LINK
    Quote:

I don't need some troll who supports a different OS posting photos of where I live, or some weirdo off his meds calling me in the middle of the night. I'm doing Raspberry Pi stuff now instead.

The only incident I can remember someone posting photos of someone's house and their kids playing in the garden was when an OS4 using lunatic did that to Terminills when ARIX was being announced.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »17.11.16 - 18:35
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    That post isn't about MorphOS users.
    No where in there does it mention MorphOS users as the offending party.
    Why would you even make that assumption?
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »17.11.16 - 18:53
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

Because Red used to be a fanatic forum poster before he switched to using MorphOS, so now he has brought his fanaticism here to pollute our forums, by making unfounded wild accusations, and conspiracy theories out of almost any little thing. Any rational person could understand that the thread he quoted never made any accusation toward MorphOS users, and the only time the word MorphOS entered the thread was when you mentioned that it is strange, or rare that a MorphOS user (yourself) comes to the defense of the Frieden brothers.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »17.11.16 - 20:05
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > AWN claims [...]

AWN cannot claim anything. What happened is that an AWN member and MorphOS user claimed that the Friedens received death threats.

> slander

He doesn't say who issued these threats or where or how he came to know this happened.

> Vague accusations are being made without a single citation that such things
    > happened. The language is vague on who they are accusing [...]. If it really
    > happened, which I doubt, they should name names.

Yes, this is a justified criticism.

> but it is pretty obvious enough given users like eliyahu's statements in the past.

You mean Beans' claim is based on eliyahu's statements?

> Such accusations towards a small community is slander that should not
    > be allowed to stand.

You mean like your accusations towards AWN?
  • »17.11.16 - 21:18
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > The only incident I can remember someone posting photos of someone's house
    > and their kids playing in the garden was when an OS4 using lunatic did that
    > to Terminills when ARIX was being announced.

To put this into perspective, what was posted was the public Google Street View image of the official Arix Foundation Inc. corporate address. It's not like the "OS4 using lunatic" drove from Oregon to Florida and made photos of terminills' home.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38282&forum=2&start=80#721926
  • »17.11.16 - 21:35
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > The only incident I can remember someone posting photos of someone's house
    > and their kids playing in the garden was when an OS4 using lunatic did that
    > to Terminills when ARIX was being announced.

To put this into perspective, what was posted was the public Google Street View image of the official Arix Foundation Inc. corporate address. It's not like the "OS4 using lunatic" drove from Oregon to Florida and made photos of terminills' home.

Either way, it's not a very nice thing to do.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

• »18.11.16 - 00:21
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:

Sharing a link to Google Maps that includes the official address of a corporate entity (namely Arix Foundation Inc.) is not nice?

If you are concerned about privacy, you can choose a P.O. box as your company's principal address or even rent a "virtual office". Furthermore, you can also pay service providers to act as and be listed as the company's registered agent if you live a in state where this information is being made public.

There are options for shielding one's personal information.
  • »18.11.16 - 09:38
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Nothing positive to add to such a paranoid delusional OP.
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »18.11.16 - 10:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:

Sharing a link to Google Maps that includes the official address of a corporate entity (namely Arix Foundation Inc.) is not nice?

If you are concerned about privacy, you can choose a P.O. box as your company's principal address or even rent a "virtual office". Furthermore, you can also pay service providers to act as and be listed as the company's registered agent if you live a in state where this information is being made public.

There are options for shielding one's personal information.

Yes there are and Terminills should have done that in my opinion, however it's still not nice.

I take it you're childless?

• »18.11.16 - 12:17
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_of_the_children

I have no children myself, but that was a snide and somewhat ludicrous response.
    Further, Google's entire mapping project is intrusive and somewhat pointless.

I'd be surprised that with your poise and attitude, if you haven't had a stalker or two in your past Andre.
  • »18.11.16 - 15:01
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_of_the_children

I'll take that as a yes.

• »18.11.16 - 15:05
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

boot_wb wrote:

Yeah, because making baseless claims about widespread death threats by by people who don't like OS4 is totally not delusional. The person who points it out is the delusional one. Yup, makes perfect sense on Bizarro World where you live.
  • »18.11.16 - 15:26
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

boot_wb wrote:

Yeah, because making baseless claims about widespread death threats by by people who don't like OS4 is totally not delusional. The person who points it out is the delusional one. Yup, makes perfect sense on Bizarro World where you live.

Actually, I know a few people who have stated that the Friedens remain reclusive because of the vitriol they have received from the community.
    But curiously enough, it isn't from our camp, rather its supposed to have come from their own and from Amiga purists.

But, as these comments can't be directly quoted or corroborated, the entire matter probably should not have been brought up.

Seriously, for the most part, MorphOS represent the more grounded rational members of the Amiga community, but if any of you doubt that there are some real nut jobs out there...

And I understand Nick's point of view, I wouldn't want people publicizing where my family lives either.
  • »18.11.16 - 16:06
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

I thought you were active on the corporate sites? eliyahu is a moderator and started the saying "usual suspects", as code word for MorphOS users.

Any time there is not glowing praise for anything connected with OS4 related companies (A-Eonkit,HYPErion etc), insults come flying in, and flying in, to the "usual suspects". eliyahu has taken his position as moderator to steer conversation to pro OS4 by threat of moderation or banning.

But you may say "this is vague and not tied to specific MorphOS users" when the term usual suspects is used, but you'd be wrong. You don't have to look long to find a thread about interest in the X1000 before a user joke about usual suspects coming in as naysayers, followed by another user predicting specific naysayers (aka usual suspects) would be coming, followed by yet another prediction, only to have moderator eliyahu confirm specific usual suspects by specific nickname, and take a shot at MorphOS directly.

There is no doubt who they are implying as the culprit for "death threats" and stalking.
  • »18.11.16 - 16:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

And I understand Nick's point of view, I wouldn't want people publicizing where my family lives either.

You could call it soft-doxxing I suppose, and there is a line. I've had it happen to me when I was running Anachronism Industries. I won't point any fingers because I doubt I could provide citation, with Moobunny being shut down.

I can appreciate nastiness happened, but there is a line crossed when someone implies a certain group of people is behind it without citation, especially when they claim "death threats" are involved.
  • »18.11.16 - 16:23
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Because Red used to be a fanatic forum poster before he switched to using MorphOS, so now he has brought his fanaticism here to pollute our forums, by making unfounded wild accusations, and conspiracy theories out of almost any little thing. Any rational person could understand that the thread he quoted never made any accusation toward MorphOS users, and the only time the word MorphOS entered the thread was when you mentioned that it is strange, or rare that a MorphOS user (yourself) comes to the defense of the Frieden brothers.

Wow.

Dave, maybe you should be more consistent with your meds and buy a few mirrors for your glass house.
  • »18.11.16 - 16:26
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Yeah Jim, crazies abound.
    But if you let it worry you too much you're likely to never get a good night's sleep.
    Its really hard to hide in this age of easy access to information.

And the mods at AO and AW are more than a little biased.
    So yes, eliyahu's comment does slant things.

But would YOU want to be someone that the community at large was waiting on for something, AND have it running late?
    Over the top behavior at such circumstances is just the norm for Amigans.
  • »18.11.16 - 16:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

I thought you were active on the corporate sites? eliyahu is a moderator and started the saying "usual suspects", as code word for MorphOS users.

Any time there is not glowing praise for anything connected with OS4 related companies (A-Eonkit,HYPErion etc), insults come flying in, and flying in, to the "usual suspects". eliyahu has taken his position as moderator to steer conversation to pro OS4 by threat of moderation or banning.

But you may say "this is vague and not tied to specific MorphOS users" when the term usual suspects is used, but you'd be wrong. You don't have to look long to find a thread about interest in the X1000 before a user joke about usual suspects coming in as naysayers, followed by another user predicting specific naysayers (aka usual suspects) would be coming, followed by yet another prediction, only to have moderator eliyahu confirm specific usual suspects by specific nickname, and take a shot at MorphOS directly.

There is no doubt who they are implying as the culprit for "death threats" and stalking.

I believe the psychology profession refer to the act of accusing others of something one is guilty of oneself as 'projection'.

• »18.11.16 - 17:57
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    I don't want to get too deep into psychology Nick, since most of the people I know in the field admit the science can be a little soft.
    And we just start playing sides again, "I know you are, but what am I?".

And maybe having some sympathy for the Friedens seems misplaced, but after hearing some of the BS I've heard about Bill Buck from the OS4 community, I can't help but draw some parallels.

[ Edited by Jim 18.11.2016 - 12:37 ]
  • »18.11.16 - 18:06
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:

No doubt in your deluded mind you mean.

Don't you wonder why no one here is agreeing with your silly accusation about this claim of yours?

I agree that eliyahu can be protective of AmigaOS4.x at times, but I totally disagree that he is "Anti-MorphOS" in any way. Like many users in our community today, he enjoys using MorphOS, as well as AmigaOS4.x, AmigaOS for 68k, and I believe even AROS. The "Usual Suspects" he complains about are forum members who repeatedly bend or break the posting rules of the forums he moderates, and that group includes users from all Amiga and Amiga inspired platforms, not just MorphOS users. There are fanatics in all camps.

Your posting paranoia has become progressively worse over the last couple of years, which makes me wonder why? What has happened to push you over the edge? As for looking into mirrors, show me any links to my previous forum messages that display the same type of paranoid behavior that you are exhibiting, and I will gladly review them, but I highly doubt you will find anything even remotely close to what you are currently doing.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »18.11.16 - 18:32
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    eliyahu
    @redrumloa

to be clear the term 'usual suspects' has *nothing* to do with MOS users. if there are moderation actions i've taken that seem to be unfair to you, please point them out via PM or the moderator feedback forum on a.org. i'm not perfect, and feedback helps me do the best i can. and while i tend to use AOS4 more than AROS or MOS, i enjoy all three, and use all three. i do not have animosity towards this community, MOS developers, or MOS enthusiasts.

just wanted to clear that up.

-- eliyahu
  • »18.11.16 - 18:44