• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > McBill for sure claimed alot of things and revoking H&P's licence over
    > missing royalties was one of them.

Yes, this was the Amithlon conflict. Did McEwen also revoke H&P's license for standalone AmigaOS 3.9? And if so, would this render the AmigaOS 3.9 CDs produced before the license revocation illegal?

I suppose license is for developing/publishing. I haven't seen anyone raise hell over already produced 3.9 CD's. If H&P would start publishing and releasing new batches, someone would perhaps object, and then these questions would become relevant. But since this is not the case, I suppose it's water under the bridges...

Cloanto's "Workbench 3.X" is basically their recreation of AmigaOS 3.9. Minus a few things, but some things added. And version numbers of certain OS components are higher than in 3.9. Because of the highly disputed situation regarding 3.9, to be sure, Cloanto has secured copyright/license from multiple sources in cases when in doubt, like directly from involved individual developers.

I have high confidence in Cloanto's tracking of copyright and securing IP. It's basically what they have been doing since the death of Commodore. I wouldn't be surprised if they have paperwork for literally every single file in the OS. Workbench 3.X could still be published and sold, even when those old 3.9 CD's are gone from dealers stock.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »14.10.16 - 21:01