• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:

Now that is a bit creepy IMHO. Taking over the site, thus also the "God mode" that comes with site ownership, but keeping silent about it for months so nobody will know...

Of course it had been better with independent ownership. Now they pose as old time community sites with all the shine of legacy independence, but in reality being corporate sites, probably bought for a reason. So yes, maybe it is a little bit creepy...

But everyone is free to stop going there. When it comes to amiga.org, it seems they mostly did already...

;-)

Eh..I dont really see a problem with them owning both. I still go to AO, I may not log in, but every morning I go and look to see what the latest threads are and read them if they interest me. As far as them not saying anything, can you blame them? Amiga users are quick to start flame wars & complain about any change. There's always a conspiracy theory etc.

Probably because there HAS been so much skulduggery and subterfuge in the Amiga community up to this point.
    AND if it was anyone else besides Aeon, I'd would be really worried.

As to the long delayed X5000, its not quite the "boat anchor" that red suggest, upon release it will be the most powerful AmigaOne made to date.
    BUT, if I was designing this stuff, I'd already be examining Power8 (because Freescale's PPC are at the end of their life).
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »12.09.16 - 15:08