• Just looking around
    tohe
    Quote:

Ginger1 wrote:
    Day 4
    Ahhh....Sunday! Another pleasant day pottering about with MorphOS. I re-ripped some of my CDs according to jPV's recommendations and the increased bitrate didn't have a noticable impact on encoding speed, so pleased to have superior audio quality for the same timecost. I have a huge backlog of CDs to work through, and the 30 minute time it's taking my machine to complete an album means this is going to be a looong project. I think I will need to employ a PC to help with this task..just to get things moving.

I installed Word 5.0 on my Basilisk install. It's very snappy, and is providing my best 'Morph OS' word processing experience to date. I tried multiple times to install 5.1, but this hangs during the installation process when it reaches the equation editor fonts. Gpod to have a solid and (somewhat) compatible word processor on hand..especially one with such an esteemed reputation!

Finally, re-discovered diskmags but more on that later!

I just have to say that this is just excellent reading. Really good idea and nice to read your experiences in the end and whether you'll continue the active MorphOS usage after the week is over :)
    G5, G4 PowerBook, MacMini and
    Pegasos, Morphos 1.4, 600Mhz PPC, 256MB Ram, Radeon 9100 64MB, Plextor
    48/16/48 CD-RW, 40GB HD.
  • »22.08.16 - 18:11
    Profile Visit Website