• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Day 2

All in all, a successful day (well, morning and evening) with MorphOS!

Things got off to a bit of a rocky start. I tend to take a bit of time in the morning to do some online career research over breakfast, so this morning instead of opening up the Windows laptop (unceremoniously left in the hall from the evening before - no longer needed thanks to this challenge), I started up the MacMini. I was impressed by how well OWB was handling the various websites I was throwing at it. Some were admittedly a little slow to load, but in a way this made me appreciate them all the more when did come up a few seconds later. Finally, the time came to head off to work. But, checking my phone, I realised it was actually about twenty minutes later than the MorphOS clock said! This meant I had missed my train, and ended up getting into work late! Thanks MorphOS! :) My fault for leaving the computer for 6 months and just assuming it was syncing with a time server somewhere.

@Koszer - Unfortunately, this discovery (and its rectification) hasn't solved the SSL issue.

My evening with MorphOS has been brilliant. A couple of rounds on Duke Nukem to start things off, and then I thought I'd have a go at the Basilisk II emulator. I'd previously used ShapeShifter on my old 1200 (probably about twenty years ago!) so was keen to see how things compared with the PPC processor. A couple of hours later I had System 7.5.3 installed and up and running. This seemed to work at a decent, usable speed and I think it will be a useful addition to my MorphOSing over the next week (and hopefully, much longer). Perhaps this is cheating slightly..but if by using Word 5.1 in Basilisk it solves the word processor issue, then I'm very happy to cheat. It gave me a buzz from computer that I haven't felt since the A1200 days...which I had feared would be forever elusive.

Looking forward to trying to get the famous Word 5.1 running tomorrow!
  • »19.08.16 - 21:19