• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Day 1

Things started positively enough. I thought I would see if MorphOS supports my new Wacom Intuos tablet, and a quick Google suggested it might. Plugging it in, I was impressed to see the Poseidon pop up a friendly message saying it had recognised my tablet. A quick prod on the tablet suggested otherwise, however. Some reading and settings-playing later, I had discovered and installed WacomFix.elf. This told me that it had recognised my tablet, but it still wasn't playing ball. I need to look again at the Poseidon settings and the various forum articles to see if I can crack this, as having a pressure sensitive tablet running would make MorphOS an (even more) interesting proposition.

Next up for this challenge: Email. Like lots of people, I'm a gmail user. I tried initially logging in with OWB, but got the same "enable cookies" error reported elsewhere on this site. Luckily. I've got it sort of working in SimpleMail. It's messy, but hopefully with some more energy I will feel more confident about this email solution.

I use Toodledo for some task organisation. This is a fairly simple web app, so I was feeling confident that OWB but would do the job. It may well have done, but I got an SSL error which prevented me logging in. I know that there's been a recent hardening of SSL certificate standards (Heart Bleed related?), which might be the cause of this if OWB hasn't yet caught up? Frustrating though, as that was two core uses where I was confident that all would be well on this challenge, but unfortunately not!

To end on a positive. I installed Duke Nukem 3D from MorphOSFiles (having never played it before), and it was rather brilliant. And very smooth on this old G4 machine. Good stuff!

[ Edited by Ginger1 18.08.2016 - 22:33 ]
  • »18.08.16 - 20:28