• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Quote:

Elowan wrote:
    hmmm, maybe I am just too stupid or do not really understand:

I got a drive icon (disk.info) and also got a folder icon, but it´s not working.
    Maybe my install is corrupt or something. Was not 100% from the beginning

I´ve found another way, in Ambient, I just set something like "remember Window position/size" and now at least position and size get´s saved. Now I only have to set "view all Files" sometimes, to see everything inside a folder...

A couple of things to note:

1) there are two views (list, and icon) as well as the three view modes (icon, thumbnail, all files). The defaults for these can be set in Settings>Ambient>Window>View behaviour. This will affect all folders (with and without icons)
    The 'view mode' setting will be overridden for folders with icons which have saved snapshot information.

2) There is a setting to 'inherit view mode' (also in Settings>Ambient>Window) which keeps the current view mode when navigating between folders.
    This is also overridden where folders have saved 'snapshot' information.

3) List/Icon view behvaiour is not snapshotted, however 'List' and 'Icon' views each have their own 'snapshot' - snapshotting 'all files' in 'icon' view will have no effect on the 'list' view (and vice versa). These can be set seperately (eg 'show all' in list view and 'thumbnails' in icon view) for the same folder/volume.

4) Snapshotting does not influence the 'view' - ie if you are in lister mode, the window will not automatically switch to 'icon' mode as a result of previous snapshotting - point 3 gives the reason why.

I'd recommend setting the default view you want (in my case 'icon', 'view all', and DO inherit view mode), and then over-riding this with snapshot information on a per-folder (or per-volume) basis.

It should work, so if you continue having trouble, do carry on asking questions!
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »16.08.16 - 08:54
    Profile Visit Website