• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Quote:

kr wrote:
    Quote:

ASiegel a écrit :
    @ kr

Have you tried to boot an older version of MorphOS? Maybe you discovered a rare bug that is only triggered in a recent version.

(You can access older releases by modifying the version number in the download link.)

Indeed, there is a difference of behavior with older versions:
    - 3.6 => same result
    - 2.6 => printing of informations about the CPU. See https://s31.postimg.org/scgr1kjp7/P1090101.jpg
    However, there is no display of installation screen.

I wonder if the problem is not elsewhere ; there are 2 monitor ports on this computer: one dvi-i and one ADC. I use the DVI one. Is it possible that the installation screen would be displayed in the other port ? (I have no screen to check that)

thanks

ADC isn't supported, so DVI is the correct port to use.

From the page you linked:

*By default, this model has an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro graphics card with 64 MB of DDR SDRAM. It also could be configured at the time of purchase with a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti graphics card with 128 MB of DDR SDRAM. The video card occupies a 4X AGP slot.

NVidia cards aren't supported, so if yours is a rare 'upgraded to NVidia' version then your out of luck I'm afraid (unless you happen to have a spare Mac compatible AGP Radeon card to hand).
    The MDD is easy to pop open to check the card though. This page shows several of the NVidia cards, or if there's a residual OSX install you could just look in "About this Mac" (or System Info or whatever) in the Apple menu.

[ Edited by boot_wb 25.07.2016 - 17:53 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »25.07.16 - 15:49
    Profile Visit Website