• rob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    Quote:

Pgovotsos wrote:
    What I don't understand is why Trevor (and probably Matthew to an extent) continue to put up with the (non) performance of Hyperion. Wouldn't it just be simpler if Trevor (and Matthew?) bought Hyperion outright?

Hyperion has over promised and drastically under delivered for a decade. Are their programmers _that_ irreplaceable? Trevor, through Aeon, has already bought so many other big products. Wouldn't it only be to Aeon's (and eventually the customers') best interests to buy out Hyperion and bring AmigaOS development in house or at least be able to contract it out to a developer that could actually perform with payment firmly tied to non-negotiable milestones?

I've never understood having a game developer develop an operating system. With his money and determination to see Amiga development continue and grow, taking control of your own destiny has to be a good thing.

Maybe Ben isn't willing to sell up.

By the way, good luck with everything going on in your life and I hope you can make it to Amiwest, you're Silent Paws A1200 is sure to get a lot of attention.
  • »12.07.16 - 04:21