• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    <snip>
    I don't understand why the priorities of A-Eon would have switched from the X5000 to the Tabor, for getting AmigaOS4.1FE ported, as the X5000 hardware has been completed longer. Of course it makes perfect sense if it turns out to not be the real priorities of A-Eon, but instead the priorities of Hyperion, to complete the port of AmigaOS4.1FE to the Tabor, before completing the port to the X5000, as the MorphOS Dev. Team has no intention to support the Tabor board. I hope that Trevor is not prevented from selling any X5000 boards or systems, because of some "Ben Hermans" contract, stating that each board and/or system must include an AmigaOS4.x license, and that no X5000's can be sold until the port of AmigaOS4.x for the X5000 is completed.

Seems that could be more nasty bullshit from Hyperion to thwart the further success of MorphOS, just like the timing of their announcement of the AmigaOS4.x laptop/netbook based on the Limebook, that was never released, but was conveniently announced immediately after the first version of MorphOS which supported the G4 PowerBook had been announced, when it was no where near being ready for release, and probably hadn't even gotten to the point of a final configuration of how much RAM and how much those rebranded Limebooks would cost Hyperion to purchase.

What incentive does Hyperion have for finishing the port of AmigaOS4.1FE to the X5000,

<snip>

What I don't understand is why Trevor (and probably Matthew to an extent) continue to put up with the (non) performance of Hyperion. Wouldn't it just be simpler if Trevor (and Matthew?) bought Hyperion outright?

Hyperion has over promised and drastically under delivered for a decade. Are their programmers _that_ irreplaceable? Trevor, through Aeon, has already bought so many other big products. Wouldn't it only be to Aeon's (and eventually the customers') best interests to buy out Hyperion and bring AmigaOS development in house or at least be able to contract it out to a developer that could actually perform with payment firmly tied to non-negotiable milestones?

I've never understood having a game developer develop an operating system. With his money and determination to see Amiga development continue and grow, taking control of your own destiny has to be a good thing.
  • »12.07.16 - 02:17