• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    You are among friends, and you didn't share too much.
    I hope you can make it.

Speaking of people trying to make it to AmiWest 2016 Jim, what is it going to take to finally get you to make the trip. I have been trying to twist your arm and get you to attend an AmiWest show for many years now, with no success yet. I am sure you would have a great time, and this year would be a good one, as it appears we have a few more MorphOS users who have indicated that they plan on attending.

Hope to see you there.

@AmigaKit,

Looking forward to seeing you again, at the show, hopefully with some interesting news about ongoing software and hardware projects. I also hope that AmigaKit and A-Eon will increase and improve their support of MorphOS, both with the AmiStore, and the long awaited release of the X5000 computer system (and possibly stand alone motherboard sales).

Since Trevor and Matthew prefer using AmigaOS4.x, perhaps they can convince one of the MorphOS 3rd party developers (MorphOS Dev. Team members are too busy with the ISA switch to x64) into updating and improving the OS4 emulation for MorphOS, which I don't think has been worked on in a long time, and/or an up to date AmigaOS4.x theme for MorphOS could be done, to satisfy users like Trevor & Matthew, who prefer the look and feel of AmigaOS4.x over MorphOS Ambient.

Either way, once the X5000 is released, A-Eon might find that they get much better (faster) support from the MorphOS Dev. Team, with bug fixes, and/or new versions, or features, than they have ever dreamed of getting from Hyperion. I am not too sure how much development time will be spent improving MorphOS for the X5000 after the initial release of MorphOS3.10, as that work would take time away from the x64 port, but it couldn't be any worse, or slower than the development of AmigaOS4.x has been.

I hope we will continue to receive MorphOS Dev. Team support for the PPC version of MorphOS for several years into the future. Eventually, PPC development will no doubt be stopped, just as support for Classic Amigas with Phase5 & DCE PPC accelerators was stopped, but by that time the x64 port of MorphOS should be very mature, and running MorphOS on PPC hardware will only be for nostalgic reasons.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »08.07.16 - 18:42