• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Pgovotsos wrote:
    I'm planning to go this year. The last time I went to a show was St. Louis 2001 and figured it was about time I went to another one :)

I've spoken to Acill about shipping my computer to him disassembled and packed well since I don't think it would do well on a plane. It's a Silent Paws 1200 I've upgraded so it's running 3.9, 4.1 and MorphOS 1.4.5 - still wish there was a newer version for classic Amigas :) The thing is fun to use but it's too big to carry-on and I'd be afraid to check it. If I ship it to him well packed it should be ok and reassembly is easy.

Unfortunately, right now, the "planning to go" has had to be changed to "hoping to go". With my wife in the hospital for the last 3 months and me just finding out I've got cancer, I don't know what shape I'll be in in October :( If there's no treatment like it's starting to look like, I might just "what the hell" it with one last hurrah and go anyway :)

I am truly sorry to hear about you and your wife's health problems, cancer is a scary word in any diagnosis, but I hope that your doctor is incorrect about your cancer being unable to treat, or cure. If there is no chance of a cure, perhaps there is a treatment plan that slow, or temporarily stop the cancer growth.

AmiWest Shows are fun to attend, but I don't think I could recommend the trip when you have more important matters to take care of, regarding you and your family's health and well being. I have heard about so many people that I know who are experiencing health challenges right now, but I guess that goes with growing older.

If you do decide to attend AmiWest 2016, please introduce yourself to me at the MorphOS display table.

Take care, and I hope you have some better news soon.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »07.07.16 - 18:53