• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Well, the "Mac Edition" X800XT video card I purchased for Konrad finally arrived from the seller yesterday, but I didn't open the box to look at it, and test it in my G5 PowerMac, until today. It arrived in a genuine Mac Edition box from ATI, but as soon as I removed it from the anti-static envelope, I was suspicious that it was not a real Mac Edition video card, and that the seller might have switched cards and used the Mac Edition box. The reasons I feel the card is suspect, is because it has a VGA port, as well as S-Video and DVI ports, instead of one DVI and one ADC port. It also needs the additional molex power connector, which makes sense if it isn't equipped with the ADC port to power a monitor, it doesn't need the extra card edge tab, to get the extra power.

What do the rest of you think? Are there "Mac Edition" Radeon X800XT video cards in the wild that look like what I just described? I tried to find out more information on the web, but didn't find any pictures of Mac Edition cards that had the same ports as the card I received. To make things worse, I get zero video output to the monitor, when I installed this X800XT in my G5 PowerMac and tried to boot MorphOS3.9.

I then removed the card and replaced it with my FireGL X3 video card and booted up MorphOS3.9 with no problems.

I am asking for input from people here who already have Mac Edition X800XT video cards, to see if any of them come with the ports I described above, before I conclude that this is indeed NOT a Mac Edition video card, and ask for a refund. If I can't get any video output when I try to boot it up with a MacOSX install DVD tomorrow, and/or if I can't get any Open Firmware prompt to display, I'll be asking for a refund anyway.

Thanks for any advice or info about this.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »02.08.16 - 06:28