• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    The bottom connector is for monitor power, the lack of a secondary power connector a the top back of the card is due to the fact that Apple uses an AGP X8 Pro slot that can supply more power.
    The 9600s have dual dvi output and do not have the bottom connection for ADC power for monitors.
    The 9650 in fact can use dual dvi for a higher display resolution.

Some times I look back at things I have written and laugh at myself, for typing such stupid things. Good thing I don't mind looking foolish any more.

I read a post from another member here, who said that the 9650 was the best AGP slot Mac Edition Radeon, for supporting large resolutions, even though I had found test results a few years ago, which show the 9650 to be slower than some Radeon video cards which were older, such as the 8500 (I think that is one of the older video cards that the 9650 was compared to with benchmark results for both, as well as results for a few other Radeon video cards for PowerMac's). Some users prefer higher resolutions, instead of 3D performance, which is understandable.

Any change on the possibility of you attending AmiWest 2016 Jim? Sure would be great to see you there.

I'll be in the middle of 8 classes for a total of 24 credits.
    But it still is a consideration.
    What is the date again (hopefully a weekend)?

Edit - October 6th to 9th, eh?
    Well, it is a weekend.

On the 9600s, its a mixed bag, its not that fast, but a few will run in G4s, and the dual dvi output of the 9650 gives you a really nice max resolution.
    Plus they are cheap.

[ Edited by Jim 18.07.2016 - 14:16 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »18.07.16 - 17:14