• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    As I stated in the thread titled "Best Radeon" this thread is meant for any members here who want help buying a Mac edition Radeon video card from USA, or Canada eBay sellers. The members who have indicated interest in this idea so far are listed below in the order they contacted me, or left a message in the other thread. I will attempt to help the members at the top of the list first, but if another member lower in the list is willing to pay more, or wants a lower spec, or older Radeon video card, I might be successful in finding their video card before someone higher on the list.

If you want to be added to this list, just leave a message here in this thread, or contact me amigadave, at my earthlink.net email address.

The list of members and the video card they want, plus price they are willing to pay is as follows:(don't know how to keep the formatting for the list below, so it is all compressed together and harder to read)

Name Video card Purchase Price
    1. Kozer Mac edition X800XT $60.00
    2. ChrisMarsden Mac edition X800 or ? $50.00

Prices above do not include shipping and I prefer that everyone who wants to participate has a PayPal account, to send me their money, before I buy the card for them on eBay. If this is not possible because you cannot set up a PayPal account, we might be able to work some other solution for payment. I am not adding any money for myself, as this is a service I am providing to help out other MorphOS users, who may have trouble buying from eBay sellers located in the USA or Canada. The list is also hopefully an aid to prevent MorphOS users from bidding against each other on the same video cards, and thereby forcing the price higher, for eBay auctions that are not "Buy it Now". In future posts, I will provide links to specific eBay auctions that I find, but not the "Buy it Now" listings, to help prevent members from bidding against each other.

I was successful in buying one X800 Pro today for less than either of the people on this list are willing to pay, but need to confirm that it is a Mac edition when it arrives. It was cheap, so I took a chance buying it. If it is a real Mac edition card, I will offer it to the members on this list, to see if it will fit their needs. I also put an offer of $50 on a Gigabyte X800XT, but also must confirm it is a Mac edition, and not a re-flashed PC card.

Currently on eBay of North America there are only 3 Radeon X800 video cards that are clearly "Mac Edition", but their asking prices are between $139 and $169, far above the prices our members are willing to pay.

X800Pro?
    The Apple card is an X800XT and the X800Pro cannot be flashed for Mac compatibility.
    Are you sure it is an X800Pro and not an X800XT?

There are two G5 Radeon 9800Pro 128mb cards listed right now for $49.99 plus $3.99 shipping each.
    Those would work quite well.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »17.06.16 - 02:08