• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @boot_wb,

I hope you will be adding this detailed set of YouTube instructions to the MorphZone.org Library, either combined with another doc., or as a stand alone document.

@jacadcaps,

Sorry to read that you need a visa to enter the USA, that really sucks. If you need an invitation from a U.S. resident to apply for the visa, I would be happy to provide one. It would be great to have you attend the 2016 AmiWest Show. I would even be willing to donate towards your transportation and lodging expenses, as well as inquire if other U.S. MorphOS users would chip in to entice you to attend. It would be really great to have one of the MorphOS Dev. Team members at AmiWest giving a presentation and/or answering questions from the audience.

Let me know if there is any way we can persuade you to attend the 2016 AmiWest show.

@ASiegel & deka,

I like both of your posts as ideas for adding content to the official MorphOS install CD. A video presentation of some of the most commonly used features and programs for MorphOS would be very helpful to new users, and it could be made optional during the install process, so old time users could skip past it with only one mouse click. Adding some or all of the documents from the MorphZone.org Library to the official install CD is also a great idea, or at least the documents aimed at new users. I can't imagine that it would be difficult to do either of these suggestions, except for the actual time and effort needed to create the video for beginners. I hope that the MorphOS Dev. Team members will consider these suggestions for the release of 3.10. I am sure one or more MorphOS users will volunteer to create the video presentation, as that would be wasting valuable programming time from one of the team members.

As for the "Show All Files" situation, I don't want it to be exactly like Windows, MacOSX, or Linux. I am sure the MorphOS Dev. Team and our users can come up with a more elegant, yet just as effective solution, unique to MorphOS.

Edit: I agree that the default option for showing files should be more user friendly for beginners, or some kind of clearly visible way of informing users that hidden files are present, should be incorporated into the MorphOS file lister. On the topic of adding content to the install CD, if the Dev. Team is opposed to it, perhaps Papiosaur can be talked into providing these suggestions on the Chrysalis disc, but that disc image is already very large, so some other content might have to be discarded to allow the Chrysalis package to fit on a standard size CD disc.

Edit #2: Having an .iso image that is larger in size of bytes might even make some of the fools happier, who think it makes a difference in what price should be charged for MorphOS. ;-)

[ Edited by amigadave 15.06.2016 - 15:34 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »15.06.16 - 20:17