• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Besides extending Ambient, as usual, it should be very helpful if experienced users extended the MorphOS Library with more beginner tutorials that explain the basics of file management as well as where to change window decorations and other UI-related settings.

Boot_wb has already started a section for it, but it's still unfinished and he hasn't updated it for over a year now. Some help might be needed there :)

http://library.morph.zone/First_Steps_Using_MorphOS

Sorry. As Paul Simon would say "My life was on fire". Took the rather drastic step of abandoning my digital existence for a while to deal with the physically near things (postings to the Guardian excepted in some form of Prospero/Canute-esque rant against the world's rising barbarism). Starting getting back on top of things earlier this year: still got a lot of backlog to deal with, but have cleared the weeds a bit at least.

On the good side, I've been gittin' me some book-learning: discovered the joys of C through the RKRM, ADCD's C Programming Manual, this really good explanation of pointers which I keep revisiting, other people's questions/answers on stackexchange, a variety of man pages (linux, BSD, apple) on every common C function, unpicking a piece of forked code (for which I had all dependent libraries, just not all the functions in those libraries), and Coder's blog (RIP) for some insight and moral support from a former traveller on the same path.

PS - a little script/package should be easy enough to remove those Youtube woes: just a bit of wget, disable/remove the plugin and rename/replace prefs files with included 'working defaults' (progdir:conf/userscripts.prefs, maybe envarc:mui/owb.config if spoofing settings still prove instrumental). Will put something together in this regard.

No idea if location plays any part in peoples' problems in getting YT working...

... also I didn't know about the 'don't click fullscreen until it loads...or else reload the page' tip, thanks for that.
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »15.06.16 - 12:39
    Profile Visit Website