• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    The show all files option should be default I would think too. I never thought of that as a problem since I have used Amiga since the beginning, but I can see how it would be confusing!

Well, it would make program dirs, system partition etc quite mess. The purpose of icon only mode is that user sees only the files which are meant to be accessed. It could cause confusion if all files would be shown, for example in the system partition where (clueless) users really shouldn't mess around that much. It actually is a good feature still and improves the normal user experience compared to other systems which just show all the mess.

But maybe if it would be default mode for USB drive icons, that would be good I guess.

I also think that if user doesn't find this feature, he's been quite rushed to test the system. At least I would imagine that if someone doesn't see the files, he'd start looking the options, and cycle buttons on the right hand side are pretty visible. And when you play around with them the "All Files" option is quite guessable.
  • »15.06.16 - 06:24
    Profile Visit Website