• MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Ozfer wrote:
    So I am new to morphos and new to Amiga but I have had many problems with using morphos. First off I am using a 1.67Ghz 2GB DDR2 17' PowerBook G4 with a fresh install. The system randomly hangs and freezes to the point where it needs to be hard rebooted multiple times a day when I am using it.

Sounds like a hardware issue - most likely either one of the DDRs are broken or one of the RAM slots on the motherboard (which was pretty common in those PowerBooks, sadly).

Quote:

I don't know about the Amiga Command line originally but the MorphOS command line seems very lacking compared to linux/BSD. Package management seems non-existant and basic things like ssh and telnet don't work from the terminal

For SSH there's the RemoteTerminal application. Standalone ssh cannot really work due to compatibility issues - the Amiga console has always used a different set of escape sequences than linux. If you want typical nix commands in shell, you should install the SDK. There's no package management from shell, this is no linux distro.

Quote:

Also the GUI (maybe since im not used to Amiga) seems VERY inefficient. Not being able to minimize a program (when I hit minimize IDK where it goes to), and not being able to have a box go even slightly off the screen does not help with multitasking. Having to go up to the top bar to do basic tasks in time consuming, and having to right click to do things that you should not have to hold down right click to do. Take for example in mac OSX, it would be very inefficent if for every program you opened you had to go to the top bar right click and drag up then go to the mac bar. Instead when a window is selected mac automatically puts those choices in the top bar.

All of your complaints can be addressed by going to System Preferences / IControl.
  • »14.06.16 - 14:30
    Profile Visit Website