• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

The Male is on the LEFT :-? - I thought connectors with pins jutting out/exposed were all classed as Male connectors, so why are these aerial connectors terminals connectors assigned differently?

Hey, it's "reversed", remember? Let me explain you that: there are two features that determine the 'gender' of the connector. One of them is body (inner or outer threads - the one with inner threads is considered as "male") and the other one is the inner pin (when it sticks out then - logically - it's called "male"). RP-SMA that has outer threads and "male" pin, it's considered "female" because of it's body. Analogically, even if there's no inner pin, but the threads are inside, the connector is considered "male".
    Now, regular SMA has everything sorted out - a male connector has a "male" pin and threads inside, while a female - outside threads and a standard, female pin socket.

Quote:

If I understand correctly, the one type of aerial is capable of capturing the signals for Wireless and Bluetooth - as long as it is plugged into the correct connector/adapter(s) and terminals. 8-D

That's basically how it works here.

Quote:

So the connector on the left (of the 3rd photo - G9X28ak) - what is the MCX and SMA pin orientation - I thought it would be - Female MCX and Female SMA, but from what you said if it has a sleeved connector (no pin sticking out) then that is a Male connector - which seems very confusing?

No, no 'reverse polarity' here. That's female MCX on the left (female MCX to female SMA adapter - for Bluetooth) and male MCX on the right (male MCX to female SMA adapter - for AirPort).
    As it's easier to get RP-SMA aerial than a SMA one (most of them are "male" - with female inner connector and inner threads) you could also consider getting a MCX to RP-SMA adapter. Well, I just hope I did not confuse you too much with that...
  • »12.06.16 - 07:35