• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Additionally, just below that position for the BlueTooth card is another pair of card mounting points (offset brass pillar nuts) in the vicinity of the Bluetooth point that have a female oblong/keyed terminal connector with a line of 15 connector pins on each side and there is a 2 wire (green/yellow) connector block that seems similar to the modem card that I was familiar with seeing in the Powerbook, so is that going to be the modem card mounting point?

That would be it, I believe. Alas, I don't have one (I admit I find it tempting to 'max' my PMG5, but installing a modem knowing I would never ever use it would be silly. Woudn't it?)

Quote:

I have also seen a listing for a Sunny MCX Male to SMA Female RG316 Low Loss Pigtail Adapter Cable, which may allow me to mount the aerial in line with the back of the case better than it just sticking out backwards from the back

...and have a 3mm aluminium shielding? I'm afraid that would pretty much kill the signal.

Quote:

So, what does the RP mean, Reverse Polarity - or something else?

Yep. The Reversed Polarity are just... erm... reversed. Let me give you an overview:

Here's the RP-SMA. And "male" is to the left! (although it's so often mistaken that it's better to just compare the pictures)

Now here are our adapters and their corresponding SMA antennas in the back.

Assembled...

...and ready to plug in (AirPort antenna to the right, Bluetooth antenna to the left).

See? I even crawled under my desk to show them to you :)
  • »11.06.16 - 22:49