• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    This Airport card fits PCI-X PowerMac G5
    Which if I'm not mistaken is the A1026/A1027 Airport Extreme card I mentioned above, which is as I expected. By the way, THANKS for your quick reponse, much appreciated. 8-D
    Quote:

and the Bluetooth module looks like one of those.

Which if I'm not mistaken is the A1044 Bluetooth card, but I cannot see the model/part number on the images you sent as there is no image close-up/zoomed in far enough to make out that information/detail.

I almost missed spotting inside my PowerMac G5 tower the point where the A1044 BT card will 'plug-in' as it is such a small connector block, at the very top left corner of the mainboard.

Additionally, just below that position for the BlueTooth card is another pair of card mounting points (offset brass pillar nuts) in the vicinity of the Bluetooth point that have a female oblong/keyed terminal connector with a line of 15 connector pins on each side and there is a 2 wire (green/yellow) connector block that seems similar to the modem card that I was familiar with seeing in the Powerbook, so is that going to be the modem card mounting point?

Quote:

As for the antennas... You don't really need the overpriced original Apple antennas. Just get an MCX (one male and one female) to SMA adapter and a proper SMA antennas and you're done (at least that works for me).

That's a great suggestion as the Apple ones seem hard to come by, and overpriced! So, would this be the same - Male MCX to Female SMA adapter? As I have seen this one which looks like the item on Conrad you linked to. I have also seen a listing for a Sunny MCX Male to SMA Female RG316 Low Loss Pigtail Adapter Cable, which may allow me to mount the aerial in line with the back of the case better than it just sticking out backwards from the back - that is if I don't buy an 'elbow' bend aerial anyway. ;-)

But I am more likely to buy a 2.4GHz Router Antenna Network WLAN Wifi Aerial SMA male omni signal booster 5dBi, which has a white male SMA connector in the connector at the base of the aerial stem it seems.

Quote:

mind you, if you use exactly the adapter I've linked you'll need a male SMA connector antenna while most of them are RP-SMA female ones) and that saved me like 50 EUR for the original antenna while works as good as such (or so I think).

So, what does the RP mean, Reverse Polarity - or something else? AND are these MCX/SMA adapters a match for the size of the base thumbscrew thread of a standard aerial connector of either the male or female connector? As the aerial connector looks slightly smaller than the adapter, though this maybe due to the scale/magnification of the adapter in the images.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »11.06.16 - 20:01