• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

ppcamiga1 wrote:
    When Vampire is connected to LCD by HD performance drop significantly below 68060 80 MHz.
    And public core still has no fpu.
    Is is cheaper than old cards but it is still slower.

As others have said, the Vampire2 is still a "work in progress", on hardware that gets bigger, faster, and cheaper each year. The Vampire2 core can be moved to any other FPGA (unless I misunderstand how FPGA's work), so even if the Vampire2 isn't faster than the best 68060 accelerators for the Amiga of our past, it surely will be in the near future.

It seems to me that you have some axe to grind against Gunnar, which is why you try to discredit the benchmarks of the Apollo core and Vampire2 board. Gunnar does have a tendency to over hype things a bit from his days working on the Natami project and now on the Apollo team, but I don't think he does it for any malicious purpose to trick other users into buying anything. He is just very enthusiastic about his hobby work and wants approval and recognition from others in our community, so maybe he exaggerates some statements, from time to time.

Like many other Amiga users, I look forward to seeing how far the Apollo team can go with their work on duplicating, and possibly enhancing 680x0 performance using FPGA chips.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »12.06.16 - 21:26