• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>> There's no reason why Datatypes would disappear

>> There have been recentish statements from your colleagues that could be
    >> interpreted otherwise

> Could. Especially if you have an agenda

Huh? You're really insinuating an agenda when "broken by design", "only present to be backward compatible", "likely will be dropped", "already quite obsolete", "datatypes suck" etc. are interpreted as reasons "why Datatypes would disappear" in MorphOS NG? What's *your* agenda again?

> and if you narrow down your view from the bigger picture of what
    > has really been said, down to single sentences or words.

So please enlighten me. What is the "the bigger picture of what has really been said" in geit's and jacadcaps' postings I quoted from regarding datatypes if not that there *are* good "reasons why Datatypes would disappear" in MorphOS NG?

>> "Datatypes [...] are mostly broken by design and Reggae is so much
    >> easier and flexible in any way."

> all it says is that Reggae is better. [...] that's all it says. ;-)

...if you ignore the first part of the sentence where geit apparently gives a "reason why Datatypes would disappear" in MorphOS NG. It helps to know that geit's comment was a response to ppcamiga1's proposal to preserve the old datatypes concept in MorphOS NG (comment #81).

>> "Many of those are only present to be backward compatible even that there is
    >> a replacement already. Since compatiblity with 68K is no longer an issue in the
    >> future those likely will be dropped. datatypes [...] for example are basically
    >> already quite obsolete. [...] Reggae is a nice replacement for datatypes"

> Well, this is also true.

Datatypes "likely will be dropped" in MorphOS NG is true? Even I wouldn't go as far as making such definite claim, especially considering bigfoot's statement.
    And when you say geit's points are true, how can you say at the same time that he gives "no reason why Datatypes would disappear" in MorphOS NG?

> the key word here is "likely", meaning no decision but reflecting
    > the views of the writer. ;-)

Who is talking about any "decision" here other than you? My posting you replied to was about whether or not any "reason why Datatypes would disappear" in MorphOS NG have been mentioned by MorphOS team members (i.e. "views of the writer").

>> "datatypes suck, imo ;) There's a reason for Reggae."

> This is also true, datatypes suck in comparison to Reggae, which
    > is the reason to why Reggae exists. And that's all it say. ;-)

And you don't think that jacadcaps gives here a "reason why Datatypes would disappear" in MorphOS NG? It helps to know that jacadcaps' comment was a response to eliot's wish to preserve the old datatypes concept in MorphOS NG (comment #23).
  • »02.06.16 - 08:31