• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    @OlafSch

Quote:

If I understand it right MorphOS will not have much left from amiga after ISA change, partly legacy components even dropped (I think datatypes as example). But what will it then differentiate from f.e. a changed Linux with different icons and wallpapers?

From bigfoot:

Quote:

You don't.

Yeah, where did you get that idea exactly?

I agree with that question, and it's not the first time he makes these wild assumptions, and it's not the first time his assumptions are questioned.

Think about it. MorphOS is a huge project. A lot of code, and 1.5+ decade of work by lots of people plowed into its ground. To assume that all this would be scrapped in favor of something new and completely different is both crazy, and frankly unrealistic. MorphOS is MorphOS. It is today what its developers created, and the creation reflects their personal interests. If anything, it will evolve, not be remade. Since MorphOS is an Amiga reimplementation, it means that an evolved MorphOS will be an evolved Amiga reimplementation. A dropped ambition to be as backward compatible as possible to Amiga 68k in favor of an ISA change and more modern features does in no way imply that "it will not have much left from amiga", and since it still will build upon the Amiga reimplementation it is today, it will not be like a "changed Linux with different icons and wallpapers".

[ Edited by takemehomegrandma 01.06.2016 - 22:30 ]
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »01.06.16 - 18:18