What are you MorphOS users doing lately?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Getting too quiet around here! What are you guys all up to with your MorphOS computers? Rediscovering any old games or apps? Working on any super secret projects? Start talking dammmmit! :-o
  • »17.04.16 - 19:45
    Kronos
    - thinking bout new bets red can loose

- planning a night out for 44.21€

- finishing PastePass FE
  • »17.04.16 - 20:15
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ausPPC
    On and off I've been working on my assembly debugger. So far I have a nicer disassembler and an ELF loader - together they can produce disassebly output with program labels. I was going to integrate these into the existing source code and then replace the interface with MUI but I'll probably just start from scratch. Leading up to that I'm just playing with MUI... And crypto currencies. ;)
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »17.04.16 - 21:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

redrumloa schrieb:
    Getting too quiet around here! What are you guys all up to with your MorphOS computers? Rediscovering any old games or apps? Working on any super secret projects? Start talking dammmmit! :-o

I am mainly busy improving my programming skills and am actually working on a three new Hollywood projects which I scheduled for this year:

- A small program/app with the target group mommies and daddies from Germany and neighboring countries - will be mainly for Android, but a MorphOS version will come as well. MorphOS is my development system as it gets done with Hollywood/Cubic. Will most likely get called "Hurra, ich wachse!". Quite some code written, but still a good share to do.

- A simple artillery game. I always wanted to write a game, will be simple but hopefully some fun. Cannot say much about that as I am in very early development state.

- a content description tool. Still in project definition phase.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »17.04.16 - 22:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • pOS
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pOS
    Testing my command line client to add Tasks to the builtin Download Manager of my Router (ASUS AC88U).
  • »17.04.16 - 22:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    I started work on an Adaway style tool a few months back but haven't worked on it since before Xmas.

Might start work on it again soon.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »17.04.16 - 23:31
    Doffo
    Unloading the G5 towers. I had fun messing with them when I did. Interesting finds.

Have to get my MDD reinstalled on a hard drive. Decided to remove the Sata card. :P

Either then that, eventually we all have to fire up Quake III. Corkscrew Mod on q3 is pretty good.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »18.04.16 - 04:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Busy improving my home budget for August, when 4th member of my family will arrive ;)
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »18.04.16 - 05:25
    Profile Visit Website
    Tcheko
    @pampers: your nickname fits... :)
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »18.04.16 - 06:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    I'd like to create a Bible reader and study app using the SWORD library:
    https://crosswire.org/sword/index.jsp
    So far I've compiled the C++ library.
    Next step would be to create a user interface.
    But since my spare time is tight this will probably be a real long term project.

Additionally I'm working on a control interface app for my woodchip burner in the house.
    It has a serial interface to retrieve sensor (temperature) information about buffer, boiler, solar, etc.
    A 12" iBook with MorphOS will be doing this using some Arexx scripting.
    This sensor data will be sent further to a database for visualization using Grafana.

Manfred
  • »18.04.16 - 10:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Good to see the replies so far. Also good to see so many have programming projects they are working on. I guess I'm one of the few firmly in the end user camp as I could never quite grasp higher level programming well enough. I thinker time to time in C64 assembly and basic, that's about it.

I use my G5 in MorphOS as a daily computer. Out in my workshop the only "modern" computer is the G5, so I use it for almost everything. One thing that sucks is how bad Youtube screwed everything up. I can't log in and can't get any spoof to "full screen" anymore. I need the brute force of the 2.7Ghz to watch small videos.
  • »18.04.16 - 15:18
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    BTW, congrats Pampers! I love kids. My kids are pretty much all grown up now with only the youngest still in school, but I have a grandson around a lot which is soooo fun :-)
  • »18.04.16 - 15:20
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Youtube screwed everything up. I can't [...] get any spoof to "full screen" anymore.

Two threads with users having the same problem, which could be solved:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11582&forum=53
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11518&forum=3
  • »18.04.16 - 15:53
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    One thing that sucks is how bad Youtube screwed everything up. I can't log in and can't get any spoof to "full screen" anymore. I need the brute force of the 2.7Ghz to watch small videos.

"Full screen" works still very well, but you need to remove old workarounds for that nowadays :)
    1) Have the latest Fullscreen Fix script installed and enabled
    2) Don't use the Youtube HTML5 converter scripts anymore (disable it/them from the Scripts window)
    3) Don't spoof as any iphone/ipad (just go with the default OWB user agent).
    ( 4) if video doesn't play at all, check your content blocking settings)

A detailed guide can be found here.

Log in problem is still there, but maybe we'll get a fix for it some time... OS4 folks already made some progress with it recently, and the code should be available out there.
  • »18.04.16 - 16:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    @Andreas_Wolf & jPV

Thank you both. I'll try this when I get home. Looks like I missed or forgot those conversations.
  • »18.04.16 - 16:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    With my spare time..nothing to do with computers. :-)
  • »18.04.16 - 17:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    I'm in the last steps to finish my first game Greedium, it has sound effects and online high scores!

Then I have some unfished projects like MUIDesigner
    MUIDesigner.png.

And some ideas for new sbars like mLauncher.sbar, a startmenu for the screenbar, maybe I use CRABUM to create the menu, Smalltalk.sbar, a little chat sbar...
  • »18.04.16 - 18:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    ...... I'm one of the few firmly in the end user camp as I could never quite grasp higher level programming well enough. I thinker time to time in C64 assembly and basic, that's about it.

Like jpv and Zylsea and some few others here on this forum, I want to improve my programming skills by using and learning Hollywood for MorphOS. I invite you to check it out more closely, as I am sure if I can learn to use it, anyone can learn to program with Hollywood.

My moving from Southern California to Northern California is 99.5% complete, but the unpacking and organizing everything might take me years, and I am sure that some boxes may not be unpacked, until some time after another move to a different house. The new house also needs a great deal of renovating work, plus maintenance work, so computer time will be limited for the next 6 to 9 months. Still, I will try to schedule at least 4 to 5 hours a week minimum, and possibly up to 10 to 15 hours if I am lucky, to learn Hollywood programming language.

I am encouraged to see several MorphZone.org users who have learned, or are learning Hollywood to program with on MorphOS.

I have an original Raspberry Pi, model B, plus a newer Raspberry Pi 2, in addition to my old Efika and soon to have a Pine64+, which are all low power computing devices. One or more of them would be a good candidate to use as a home automation and security system, which I would leave running 24/7, 365 days of the year. For the member here who made negative comments regarding the Pine64, or the SoC it was using, because it had poor documentation, I invite them and anyone else who is interested in having a relatively powerful 64bit ARM SoC device to play with, to look again at the Pine64 and Pine64+, with all of its available add-ons and OS choices, plus the fact that they have already sold over 45,000 boards and have over 36,000 supporters. It is supposed to come with tons of written documentation (I should have mine within a couple of weeks, and will report back on what kind of docs come with the board).
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »18.04.16 - 20:02
    Develin
    I'm currently using MorphOS as a daily machine for all my hobby projects.
    The one I'm currently busy with is a USB->DB9-Adapter which I designed in a special shape with EAGLE.

And I'm doing the coding and programming on MorphOS with this rig.
  • »18.04.16 - 23:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

igracki wrote:
    And some ideas for new sbars like mLauncher.sbar, a startmenu for the screenbar [...]

Uhm, yeah, that'd be great. Something like this:
    https://www.alfredapp.com
    or that:
    https://www.obdev.at/products/launchbar/index-de.html

Or does it exist already?

Manfred
  • »19.04.16 - 08:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

asrael22 wrote:
    But since my spare time is tight this will probably be a real long term project.

Does MorphOS support RTL languages fully? (At least for display?)
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »19.04.16 - 12:06
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    Quote:

asrael22 wrote:

Does MorphOS support RTL languages fully? (At least for display?)

I wouldn't use RTL.
    Sword can produce also either HTML or plain text from modules.
    But the texts most probably are UTF-8 encoded.
    I've tried figure out a possible way to display those here:
    MorphZone

Manfred
  • »19.04.16 - 12:31
    connor
    Quote:

asrael22 wrote:
    Uhm, yeah, that'd be great. Something like this:
    https://www.alfredapp.com
    or that:
    https://www.obdev.at/products/launchbar/index-de.html

Or does it exist already?

geit announced something related (not quite the same) some years ago but it seems it was never finished:
    https://morph.zone/modules/news/article_storyid_1803.html . From the MagicAction packet only the MagicBeacon tool was released. Maybe he plans to continue it one day? Remote control could be done here: http://geit.de/deu_ircom.html but I do not know how well it works.
  • »19.04.16 - 12:53
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I have been rather busy with my personal life since my son is now one year old and quite a handful. Right now he and my wife is in Japan visiting relatives so I'm catching up with all the other things that needs to be done. But hopefully it will be done soon so I can start writing my blog again :-)
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »19.04.16 - 13:54
    Profile Visit Website