• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Here's a trouble I am facing: boot, opened owb, updated yWeather, launched vnc server via crabum (for the first time), left the default settings, connected successfully through real vnc viewer for Android, messed around for 10 mins (cool experience btw). Halfway through I am getting the "system is low on memory" warning (I 've set it a <250MB/1.5GB though I was only messing with a single tab OWB window and anr). Didn't pay any further attention. Shutdown the system. Boot the next day and I thought I was getting stuck at the splash screen. I didn't. I 've left it unattended and seems that boot from 5 secs is now around 40. Checked the hd with sfsdoctor and it's ok. user-startup hasn't been modifed for approx. 6 months, network-user-startup is completely empty. startup on mos:s hasn't been modified for 6 months as well.

Reboot a couple more times and I noticed that straight afterwards around 500MB are vanishing. System recognizes all 3x512mb dimms but ram gets fragmented in a straight line (no empty blocks) for about 1/3. Checked envarch: and all look good (biggest file is about 43kb). But I did the procedure manually. How can I print out the contents and size of a drawer? What could be wrong? And generally speaking, how I can check how much ram is allocated per program in MorphOS?

[ Edited by Cool_amigaN 15.04.2016 - 00:03 ]
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »14.04.16 - 20:01
    Profile Visit Website