• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I would recommend dual booting MorphOS and MacOSX 10.5.8, unless you have no other x86 computers to run Linux on. I used MacOSX 10.5.8 as my main computer on a G4 PowerBook for a long time, and liked the experience. I gave away my 15" PowerBook that was my most used computer at the time, and saved a backup of the hdd on that computer, which I plan to try to re-setup on either my Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac, or on my 17" high definition G4 PowerBook (or both), with both systems dual booting MorphOS and MacOSX 10.5.8.

I still have not found a Linux dristro that I think I would like to use as my main system, but I haven't really tried looking lately, so there probably is one or more Linux distro now that could satisfy my needs and satisfaction with the UI. I might install one or two Linux distro's on my A-Eon X1000, if I get bored with AmigaOS4.x. I am already disgusted with the incredibly slow pace of development of AmigaOS4.x, and I am seriously doubting Hyperion will ever deliver version 4.2, with all the features they announced would be included in it. If they do manage to release a version called 4.2, I will be greatly surprised if it is complete, and mostly bug free.

Good luck with your work to setup your rebuilt G5, and if you decide to use MorphOS & MacOSX, take notes on how you do the installation (just in case you get yours set up before I reset mine).

I'm really too busy right now to even look at any of my Amiga, MorphOS, or AmigaOne, systems.

Edit: Sent from the lounge car on a train in California. 1st time I have ridden a long distance train in the USA since I was 8 years old. This is the best way to travel by far, even if it is terribly slow by European & Japanese standards of rail travel. When will Americans demand better mass transit options in this country?

[ Edited by amigadave 04.04.2016 - 11:58 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.04.16 - 20:55