• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

acepeg wrote:
    In fact a g4 is near to be suffisent . G5 2.5 is awsome on morphos. I think that using the GPU to some opérations like video demuxing or encoding or for raytracing should be a great step. Which can handle 1080p on PowerBook. The problem is that GPU can not be used for now because WE don't have a library for that. It's à big work to do this but it could be impressive ! Gpus outperforms processors for complex calculations.

It would be great to find some wizard of a programmer OUTSIDE of the existing MorphOS Dev. Team members, who could work on giving us better 2D & 3D video card drivers for the existing video cards that are supported, while the rest of the MorphOS Dev. Team works on the port to x64 hardware. At this point in time, I don't think it would be productive to take away development time from the team to work on optimizing video card drivers further, but having better drivers that could take more advantage of the power within our existing GPU's, would be awesome for us users while we wait for x64 version of MorphOS to arrive (probably still years away).

I'd contribute to a bounty if such a third party developer could be found.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »31.03.16 - 21:14