• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

marmotta wrote:
    I'd like to be sure of the support (or not) of Pcie G5! My machine wait Morphos....

Only sure thing about support for PCIe G5 is that no such support has been announced or promised (AFAIK), so there is no way to know if such support will ever happen, or if it does happen, no way to know when it would happen, until announced, or released. It would be a nice final addition to the PPC version of MorphOS, since the last G5 PowerMac models used PCIe graphics cards, but depending on how much work is needed to complete such a version of MorphOS, it might not be worth it to the Dev. Team members, who may at this point think that their time is better spent working on the x64 port of MorphOS.

Unless the PPC version of MorphOS would get some kind of multi CPU support (which is very unlikely), it seems to me that it would be even more wasteful to run MorphOS on quad core G5's than it already is to run on dual core, or dual CPU G5's now. I like my dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac a lot for running MorphOS, but in these days I feel that using a more energy efficient system is more responsible and practical. I would like to have MorphOS ported to my Raspberry Pi 2 (and v3 as well), but understand the decision to port to x64 instead of ARM.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »09.06.16 - 19:34