• ASiegel
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I'm not sure the risk is worth the money spent for a port paid by A-Eon, but since they have already risked so much on the Tabor by committing to purchase 1,000 CPU's, I figure they either need to go "All In" and risk the further investment to get MorphOS ported to it, or try to sell those P1022 CPU's to another re-seller

The product is being officially marketed as a the "AmigaOne A1222" so an official launch without any Amiga-branded operating system is extremely unlikely. Plus, the option to fast-track a port by contributing financially exists for other operating system options as well...

Quote:

It is hard for me to imagine A-Eon waiting 6 months to 2 years for AmigaOS4.1FE, or 4.2 to be ported to the Tabor and expecting users to purchase 1,000 Tabor systems, but maybe that is exactly what they will do.

Launching two fundamentally similar products at the same time is rarely a good idea.

While the offered performance levels are clearly different, some impulse buyers might still choose to buy the A1222 instead and consider upgrading later if they are given the choice. By delaying the launch of the cheaper option, you provide an extra incentive to potential buyers of the higher-end option.

Also, any mainstream computing publications would likely report about your niche products in a single combined article whereas two distinct launch windows would likely produce (nearly) twice as many articles and generate attention over a much longer period of time.
  • »25.11.15 - 09:18