• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I for one am having a blast using my Mac Mini with MorphOS on it. I used to be very eager for the ISA shift, but not anymore. It's just incredible how much you can actually use this old hardware.

Yes, they have certainly made the most possible out of the PPC architecture by supporting the Mac HW. Everything from big boxes, to the tiny Mini, and a number of Laptops as well. This satisfies many needs from a HW perspective!

But the machines are aging, and some stuff really needs performance, even regular everyday stuff like websites of the heavier kind and video stuff etc. At some point even interfaces will get obsolete. Today when 4k makes entry at a consumer level, things like HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.3 is what people discuss. Your Mini has a only DVI. For example.

The MorphOS Team has everything covered regarding PPC. The PPC didn't get more and better than what is already covered. There is no "next thing" coming, only a more or less extended decay from the current point.

Quote:

Of course it would be nice to have more of everything but it's rarely I need it.

I will stick with MorphOS as long as it's possible and fully support the shift when it comes. The only problem is OWB not being updated. This is not much a problem at the moment, but it will probably become one in the future.

Well, 4k is one thing I want. Prices on monitors are coming down. DisplayPort 1.3 is breaking through, enabling 60Hz and above on very high resolutions and/or multiple displays (depending on resolution and frequency). And 4k video is breaking through, this is in the latest phone models for example.

What is "science fiction" for current MorphOS HW is rapidly becoming every day stuff in the world outside.

;-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »29.01.16 - 14:28