• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    @red

It ain't 2005 anymore !! Really just have a look around in the less-nutty corners of OS4-land and you'll see.

I know it isn't 2005 anymore. But instead of getting more sane, A-Eonkit and HYPErion seem to be doubling down. X1000 only came out a few years ago. Was that sane?

Quote:

Noone there expects "red" HW that isn't either dog-slow, crappy and/or super expensive and people are getting fed up with it.

And yet A-Eonkit is doubling down, no? I guess we need to see the final consumer price of the Tabor to know for sure. I think people expecting a $250 board with OS4 bundled will be disappointed. We'll see.

Quote:

Not saying that these people would buy a MorphOS-only QorIQfiKA, but Hyperion will have a harder time getting people to buy 2000$++ AEon-board that offer the same performance in reallife.

I would think so, but A-Eonkit sure don't and their strongest supporters don't think so. I didn't expect the X1000 to sell 50, but by all accounts it sold some number north of 200, with some suggestions over 500. The X5000 will be over $2,500 and A-Eonkit will have a lot invested in it. Will HYPErion really chose to support a theoretical $300 board from Genesi over their partners?
  • »10.11.15 - 19:36