• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    Just an example. MorphOS is lacking documentation and HowTo's for beginners. Why isn't anybody from the community working on that? Lets get some ffmpeg/mplayer workshops done and show users how to cut and convert videos f.e.
    Or some kind of Ambient manual to show off its strenght and power. An OWB howto, Showgirls, Prefs/MUI settings decription etc. nobody really cares. I started that kind of stuff on an german amiga forum but really lost interest because it is just a too huge task for one man.

There is absolutely nothing besides this kinda chaotic forum for morphos newbies. you cant get more user unfriendly than this.

Now you can come at me and tell me it is just my opinion. Yes thats true, it is my opinion, but i think i pretty much nailed it down when it comes to the truth and validity in my statement.

For me, doing all that community projects, has something to do with passion and dedication. But as it seems people are happier with talking about OS4 and failed hardware development instead of getting active and doing something for their own community.

[ Edited by Cego 10.11.2015 - 12:33 ]
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »10.11.15 - 12:25