• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    @OlafSch

truth is almost every huge thread on MZ is OS4 related. Look for yourself. People are constantly bashing OS4 and at the same time there is no real productive topic about MorphOS and the question what the user can do to improve the system and the community. Yes, there are individuals who do a lot but it stands in no relation to the majority.

MorphOS users need OS4 for their own identification. Just the fact that its always about comparing between those two, shows that OS4 is an essential part of a MorphOS users state of mind.

I use harsh words i know, but others do the same. The only difference is that i dare to talk the truth and be critical about ourselves and our behaviour. Typical that the first reaction is something like "leave this place" or "you're an OS4 fanboy" blah blah.
    For me that reacton is typical for a fanboy who doesnt want to hear any critisicm about his own thing.

And if MorphOS is really going to throw all the amiganess away, what will MorphOS become? What will be its identification? What will MorphOS stand for? And why should i still use it, if its going to become just another random operating system like many other and unknown ones out there? The main argument about MorphOS was always "AmigaOS done right".
    But when this aspects going to lose, I'm probably better off with just any other OS which got all the benefits that morphos lack.

I always looked at morphos as an advanced and further developed AmigaOS 3.1 and i hope it'll stay that way and true to it's legacy and amiga philosophy.
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »10.11.15 - 12:17