• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Several AmigaOS 4 users have told me that they only turn on their computers to run Amiupdate. It doesn't mean that I assume no AmigaOS 4 users do anything besides that.

While I'm sure not 100% fit this mold, there are a lot more that do than most people probably know. I know, because they have told me so. Some are purely collectors. They started off as Amiga users and became collectors of anything Amiga related "to support the cause". These people see anything AmigaOne or OS4 related as an extension of the Commodore Amiga, so they collect them to.

One specific person I've considered a friend is a perfect example. In his home he has closets with new in the box 3rd party hardware just stacked up, never taken out of the box. When the Eyetech AmigaOnes came out he bought one. He had it set up in his house, but told me he really only powered it up when there was an update, or a major piece of software released. Last time I spoke with him a few years back he was talking about getting an X1000. He confided that he hadn't turned on his Eyetech AmigaOne in a few years, but would probably get an X1000 anyhow to support the cause even though he probably wouldn't use it. When I questioned if he ever considered trying MorphOS on a Power Mac, he said no because it had no "name" association.

I think there is the difference. MorphOS users want a functional system to use regularly. OS4 users want something to collect and talk about among themselves in forums. I have never met a MorphOS user who stated they got MorphOS supported hardware and a license, just to collect it and "support the cause".

[ Edited by redrumloa 09.11.2015 - 17:52 ]
  • »09.11.15 - 22:49