• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    The code is really old. How much better use can it be over 1.5 year old OWB?

I distinctly remember Timberwolf being delayed because they switched from one version to (what I thought was the most current version) the next version, about half way through the project. Has it really been that long that Firefox has gone from version 4, or 5 to version 41 and the Timberwolf code is so terribly outdated that it is not even useful as a starting point?

It does not seem that long ago since Timberwolf was released, but time moves faster as I get older, so maybe I am wrong and it really has been 4 or 5 years since Timberwolf was released. If they were basing Timberwolf on a version that was already old when they started, then that would explain why it is so far behind now.

Others who have more knowledge of both Odyssey and Firefox, as well as Timberwolf should be giving us more educated estimates of the usability of the Timberwolf source code in regards to making a better web browser for MorphOS, so I wish Fab would weigh in on this topic and enlighten us with some real expertise.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »31.10.15 - 02:23