• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    I'm not concerned with backwards compatibility, it was more a question of what will we use for our old stuff.

We'll get UAE quickly for sure. Hopefully a proper port of WinUAE will be easier. WinUAE would give us everything we need up to OS3.9 and Pup/Wup. Most important MorphOS native software can be recompiled. There will be a handful lost, but the gain certainly will be worth it.

PowerMac G5 w/MorphOS was the logical conclusion for me as an ex-Amiga user. They accomplished pretty much everything I wanted out of an "Amiga" over the years. The short time I owned a CyberstormPPC left me longing for exactly what we have now. Besides wanting a few things polished up in support of the G5, I think the whole PPC thing is played out. We need to get out of this sandbox and into the major league. I don't quite understand the left turn into OS4 hardware land, but this is their baby and they haven't disappointed yet. Hopefully this left turn doesn't last long and we get back on the highway.

Not as much a direct reply to you TheMagicM, more of a coffee fueled ramble :-)
  • »13.10.15 - 14:28