• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:

Hmm.. What all would happen then? If we wanted to run legacy stuff, would some sort of built in "UAE" kindy proggy kick in and run the software or we would have to run e-uae or something?

Well, i guess we can say that any port of that kind is years away and i really don´t think we need any PPC or 68K emulation then. In fact with all the 64bit, endian, memprotection involved a full size emulatior would be required to run old stuff, but for what?

Most of the current applications are already available in C source or the developers are still active. So if the classic API compatiblity sails over the cliff most of the stuff will require more or less just a recompile.

If you currently take a look onto your system and count the 68K applications you really need this is more or less nothing and till then it will shrink even further.

Yeah, some old games will fail, but well. Thats live. I don´t see a point in spending tons of human resources in a development which benefits are quite limited. They are better spent in creating a fully featured replacement instead of still sitting on ancient software anyone would love to replace.

This stuff could be added by some third party, like its done on windows with WinUAE, but I do not think any OS developer needs to be involved here.

[ Edited by geit 13.10.2015 - 00:14 ]
  • »12.10.15 - 23:05