• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Georg
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    The 2009 codebase contains not just Stuntzi's work, but also code by laire, Piru, kiero or me (and probably others). And yes, there was a time that other people had access to the source (fact that I have then contested). I personally have never licensed any of my code to be used outside of MorphOS. So yes, the unofficial fork most likely contains my unlicensed work.

But under what conditions/license did Stuntzi give MOS coders access to MUI so that they could port/fix/enhance it? I find it strange that he would intentionally give up full control over MUI if code contributed to MUI by "outside" coders (MOS Team) all of the sudden means that he no longer is able to do with MUI what he wants (like license it to others, or allow others access to it, even if other contributers don't like that). If I make some software and allow others source code access to it so they can port/enhance it I want to keep control of it and if they fix/enhance/add stuff I want that to be under my control, too.

Is each and every thing in MOS itself contributed by MOS Coder X "owned" by MOS Coder X, too? So that he for example in theory could decide that he does not like it to be ported to "MOS x86" and will not allow it, because he "never gave permission for usage outside of MOS PPC". And the rest of MOS Team can do nothing about it.

What about stuff in MOS which came from external places? Like the AROS repositories. Not everything in there is APL. And theoretically (!) I guess one could say creators of some of this stuff never gave permission/license to use it outside of AROS, either, if one were to find some stuff in there where it is not 100 % clear that it is APL.
  • »12.09.16 - 07:32