Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

OlafSch wrote:
    Quote:

Jim schrieb:
    http://www.amiga-news.de/de/forum/thread.php?id=35714#368124

Oh my.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm beginning to feel a little hostile towards Stuntz by now.
    Maybe its unjustified, but it isn't if he gave them the right to use MUI4.
    And his lack of commentary is more than a little dicky.

I had only few contacts with him but I think he does not see as religious as many others here. His main interest are his journeys today, I do not know how he earns his living or if he has enough savings but I do not think that he is selling many MUI keys today.

I never argue with anyone about their religious beliefs. In fact, discussion with others belonging to different faiths can be quite enlightening.
    That analogy is old and tired.
    This is about ethics and intellectual property.

And we have a divide here between us and the OS4 community.
    Their claim, completely unsubstantiated, is that Ralph had access to OS3.1 source code, when everything needed to clone the API was already documented.
    From my point of view, they are relying on a very shifty individual, Ben Hermans.
    For the most part, I don't feel that hostile towards the rest of the OS4 community (except for taking to exception their gibes and attacks).
    If Hermans' firm didn't own the rights to OS4, I might actually find it attractive.
    After all, the contributions Aeon has made (or sponsored) to the OS are rather impressive.
    More so than the glacial pace of Hyperion's development.
    Radeon HD drivers, Warp3D Nova, OpenGL ES 2, all pretty neat (and not developed by Hyperion).

But it appears apparent that Stuntz IS a part of the adoption of MUI by OS4 users.
    Yes, we have no firm proof, but the silence speaks for itself.
    AND, there is absolutely NOTHING we can do about that.
    Early MUI code belongs to Stuntz, so we are going to have to get over it.

Right now, maybe we ought to focus on improving our support in the areas the OS4 community has been working on.
    Better video drivers, OpenGL support, etc.

[ Edited by Jim 11.09.2016 - 15:15 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »11.09.16 - 18:15